Nurse Lead & Preceptor | Sanctuary Health & Social Care
Reports to: Executive Director
Team: Community and family health
Location: South Side Early Learning Center
Level: Nurse Lead and Preceptor
Hours: Four hours a day, two days a week
Special requirements: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Nurse Practioner
About Sanctuary Health & Social Care
Sanctuary Health & Social Care provides communities with equitable medical care, social services, and patient advocacy. Sanctuary is an extension of the strength and compassion of its communities and volunteers. Sanctuary reflects the culture and identity of the people it respectfully serves, both patients and providers. We are a safe space for professionals and patients and are committed to supporting and empowering each individual.
About the role
Sanctuary Health & Social Care realizes that our roles are responsible for providing individual care and support in the clinic while supporting patient and professional advocacy in the community and healthcare setting. Our organization is partnering with an early learning center, family programs, and community services to influence culture by promoting the dignity and equity of patients and professionals. All positions serve as role models to develop and maintain an empowered and autonomous sense of self and an obligation to be active participants in defending public health and serving the community as healthcare activists.
· Meet people, respect their life experiences, understand their needs, observe and assess patients, and build community relationships that change lives.
· Perform as a Nurse Preceptor, providing leadership and guidance to nursing students.
· Discuss and explain procedures, treatments, and medications with patients in an understanding manner that facilitates comprehension and informed autonomy.
· Advise, and administer treatments, medications, and vaccinations to patients as members of their community to follow recommendations and encourage them.
· Monitor and report symptoms in patients and report to the medical provider.
· Comply with federal and state privacy laws and HIPAA, and maintain best practices and professional integrity.
· Experience providing primary care in a clinical setting. Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Nurse Practioner from an approved nursing program.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contact us to apply
Contact: Allan Doan- firstname.lastname@example.org